Winter at The Home Ranch is a time for slowing down and enjoying the Colorado Bluebird skies. Get away to the mountains and experience the best cross country skiing and dining in Colorado.
1. The Experience. Once a day, the ranchers take a sleigh filled with hay to feed all of the horses. It's just one of the daily activities you can enjoy on the working ranch.
2. The Activities. This sparkling white wonderland is one of the best cross-country ski resorts in Colorado. Backcountry, Classic, Skate, Steamboat and Tele- and never once get behind the wheel of a car.
3. The Staff. These are the friendliest folks around. They suit you up and take you out for skiing, tubing, skate skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding and sleigh rides. Then return to your private hot tub at your cabin and live entertainment at the lodge's fireplace.
4. The Food. The chef is exceptional, the food is exquisite, and the spirited communal dining provokes great conversation, true camaraderie and a sense of adventure. You will return home with new friends from all over the country.
5. It's a Relais & Chateaux property. Established in 1954, Relais & Châteaux is an association of the world's finest hoteliers and chefs that has set the standard for excellence in hospitality. Some other favorite Relais & Chateaux properties are L'Auberge Carmel, The Wickaninnish Inn, and The Hastings House.